Thursday, September 2, 2010

the "ball" is running

One of the major agendas of my life has been fitness. The fact that when I stepped into my undergrad college I weighed nearly a quintal (happily 98, a fact I would regret later) says a lot about how important was fitness an issue for me. I always knew that, the step towards fitness has to be voluntary since anything forced upon me does not stand with me for long. Unfortunately I had been waiting for the inspiration for quite some time.


But things started to change this magical Tuesday when my friends asked me out to partner them in lawn tennis. Although I didn’t become Roger Federer in a couple of days (frankly speaking I was not even near the pathetic form, Sania Mirza is in) I got a good habit of jogging. And then today I realized that, that was the moment. No inspiration, no motivation just simple stimulation did the job which I wanted to do for so long.

The past two years my weight has seen some big lows and some medium highs. I lost an astounding 25 kilos when I suffered from jaundice although I regained a lot of it back after I recovered. The resentment that I could not reach a hundred kilos (and hopefully will never even get near it in future) will always sting my heart.

So I decided to take a pledge that I will run daily till my family pack of flabs, at least gives an appearance of abs. I hope I continue with whatever I stated above.

No comments:

Post a Comment